All electrical installation work must be carried out to the relative standards of the 18th Edition regulations. Therefore all electricians must be able to test and inspect not only their own work, but also work carried out by others.
The inspection and testing course will guide you through all aspects of the inspection process. It is for candidates who want to formalise their experience.
- Online exam
- Written assessment
- Practical assessment
* FREE WORKSHOP SESSIONS: We provide our candidates with 15 hours worth of practice sessions in our workshop free of charge over set dates which will be identified on the first session of the course. Our dedicated workshop tutor will guide you through the requirements of the practical exam and you will practice on our specially designed test rigs in our workshop. This allows you to gain confidence before you take the practical exam and increases your chances of success! Just one of the reasons why our pass rates are so good.
The courses have been designed to prove competence in:-
- Visual inspection
- Use of instruments
- Analysing results
- Completion of forms
- Fault finding
3 options are available for this course. Detailed below.
- A solid understanding of the English Language.
- An up to date Wiring Regulations (currently BS 7671:2018+A1:2020)
- Experience carrying out Inspection & Testing
- Qualified Domestic installer or holds minimum of level 3 Electrical installation qualification (C&G or equivalent)
City & Guilds Initial & Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations
This is the full qualification for anyone wanting to complete EIC or EICR paperwork (2391-52)
This course will focus on the initial verification and periodic inspection of installations:-
- New installations
- Alterations to an existing installation
- Additions to an existing installation
- Periodic inspections of existing installations
- Fault finding and repair of existing installations
Course fees; £850 + VAT
Payment in full before course start date.
Course fees are inclusive of registration, exam & certification fees
Saturday course over 5 consecutive Saturdays (9am to 3pm):
12th June – 10th July (spaces available)
6th November – 4th December (spaces available)
5 Day Block course – Monday – Friday daytime (9am – .3pm):
6th September – 10th September (Full)
Evening course – 10 consecutive evenings (6pm – 9pm):
8th Jun – 10th Aug (Full)
14th September – 16th November (spaces available)
Book early as these classes fill up quickly – Free workshop sessions are included. These are on Wednesday evenings (6 till 9) and Saturday mornings (9 till 12)
All practical assessments will take place on a weekday, on either a morning or afternoon session and will be booked individually after the workshop sessions.
PLACES ARE LIMITED – RESERVE YOUR PLACE NOW
TESTIMONIALS ABOUT THIS COURSE